MSN Health recently came up with 7 weird tricks to help you fall asleep faster, and we thought we'd share.
As odd as many of these suggestions sound, we've actually covered a few of them before - in those cases we've linked to the blog post alongside the suggestion.
If you're at your wit's end and are desperate for some insomnia help, try:
- Writing a journal
- Tidying your bedroom
- Singing yourself a lullaby
- Placing a small weight on your body*
- Rocking yourself (See: New insomnia cure helps you sleep like a baby)
- Curling your toes (See: Relaxation exercises may be your insomnia cure)
- Drinking cherry juice (See: Can cherry juice really cure insomnia?)
*Apparently, if you place a small weight on your body when lying in bed, your body will produce serotonin - a hormone that helps you feel sleepy. Just don't overdo it - this isn't The World's Strongest Man Competition!
Last updated: September 10, 2010